Assistant Director/Adult Services Librarian
The Durham Public Library seeks an innovative, flexible, and experienced librarian to join our management team. Our ideal candidate will be organized, collaborative, committed to professional growth and learning, attentive to detail, and display a strong commitment to public service.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assisting the Library Director in planning, organizing, and coordinating the operations and services of the Library
• Training, supervising, scheduling, and directing the daily operations of library assistants, pages, and volunteers
• Planning and conducting innovative adult programs and services
• In conjunction with the Library Director, developing and maintaining the adult print and media collections
• Engaging in outreach and community collaboration in support of the library’s programs and mission
• Assisting with marketing, social media, and website management
• Delivering reference, reader’s advisory, technical support, and circulation services directly to the public
• Taking responsibility for the facility, staff and operations in the absence of the Library Director.
Qualifications desired include:
• An MLIS degree from an accredited library school
• At least 3 years of progressive, successful management experience in a library setting
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong computer and technology skills. Experience with Sierra ILS a plus
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and ensure that tasks are completed accurately and on time
• Grant writing experience a plus
• Strong commitment to warm and welcoming public service required.
This is a full-time, non-union position (35 hours per week). Starting salary range: $52,000 - $60,000 depending on experience and qualifications, with full benefits. Some evenings and weekends required.
Those interested in applying may send a cover letter, resume and three references to Christine Michaud, Library Director, at email@example.com.
Deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 7.
Republican Deputy Registrar
Republican Deputy Registrar - is a part time position for a community minded person with administrative, organizational, and basic computer skills. The candidate will be responsible for assisting the Registrar with Voter Registration and Election Administration. Must be a Durham resident and a Registered Republican or Unaffiliated voters are eligible. For complete details, please contact Registrar Lou Battipaglia at LBattipaglia@townofdurhamct.org or call the Registrar office at 860-343-6719.
Part-time Library Shelver
Ideal for High School Students!
• Library Page
• 7.5 hours per week /$10.10 per hour
• Applicable library experience
• Must be 16 years of age
• Ability to read, write and alphabetize
• Ability to learn the Dewey Decimal system and other library filing systems
• Familiarity with office computer applications
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons.
• Attention to detail
• Returns items to shelve accurately
• Assists with maintaining order of collection
• Assists with creating displays
• Assists with preparations for library programs
• Assists with maintaining order and cleanliness of library
• In addition to essential functions, all employees are expected to carry out other duties as assigned
To apply, fill out the Town of Durham general employment application form and send the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 10.
The Town is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Women Business Enterprises are encouraged to apply.
General Employment Application